Thursday, October 2, 2008

Everything's Better On Ice

As I sit on my common room floor with a giant ice pack on my knee, I realized I had the perfect opportunity to reflect on my past week.

Classes are difficult, but that's to be expected here. I really enjoy them, but they are pretty intense. My first IHUM paper is due Wednesday!

Our floor has been gradually spreading the plague...everyone is getting the first cold of the year, including two of my suitemates. Hopefully this round is about over...

Last Friday Mikayla and I saw the Stanford Boathouse for the first time when we watched practice and had a team cookout with all three Stanford crew teams. It's technically in Redwood City, only about fifteen minutes away from campus, only a couple years old, and has everything a rower could possibly need for a workout...or slumber party! haha. And I can't forget V's favorite part, there is always peanut butter and jelly in the kitchen :)
Our second time at the boathouse was this morning...six o'clock this morning... :S The five walk-on rower and one walk-on coxswain were at practice this morning, mainly to learn the ins-and-outs of the boats and the boathouse. We did a little rowing on the dock but didn't have enough time to actually push out and row in the bay :( It's happening tomorrow afternoon though!

Okay, enough rambling - plus I'm done icing - so it's time for "shower power" now!

No comments: