Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tempe!


So, I got the official invitation to join the Varsity Openweight Team at Winter Training Camp in Tempe, Arizona! Katie and Yaz had each talked to me a couple weeks ago, so I knew I was going, but it's still really cool to have the official invitation! Only three other walk-ons were invited!


I will be home December 13 - 26, then will fly back to school on the 26th to meet up with the team, then we fly to Arizona the 27th and are there over New Year's and move back into school January 4th, just in time to get settled before classes start the 6th.


I'm really sad to have to miss nearly half of my winter break at home with my family and friends, but at the same time I cannot contain my excitement at training in Tempe and being a Varsity D-1 athlete! Coming from Viborg, SD and never having been a really exceptional athlete makes it almost hard to comprehend being on a varsity team at the college that has won 14 consecutive Director's Cups (meaning we have the best college athletic program in the country).

No comments: