Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dead Week

Stanford University is now officially in "Dead Week" which, at most schools, means no classes and no new material, but here it means new classes, new material, papers, and sometimes tests.
At most schools, "dead" in dead week = nothing to do.
At Stanford, "dead" = literally dying from the insane amount of problem sets, papers, projects, and tests due this week on top of classes and "optional" practices.

Besides the fact that I'm dying this week, life is pretty wonderful. I will be home in something like 11 days and I can't wait!
Before that though, I have a project, a paper, and two exams to take...wish me luck!

Since it's been awhile since I last wrote, I will replay my Thanksgiving break in fast-forward for you! We had an entire week off, so it went something like this:
sleep, eat, watch movies with Mikayla, work out. repeat for 3 days. go to Fremont with family for three days, same pattern exempting the work outs. come back to campus, repeat previous pattern for two more days!
It was a very relaxing, unproductive break, yay!

The day before break I had what felt like the best row of my life thus far. Four of us (and Joanna) went out in a four that Friday morning for our last row with Katie as our coach. I had stroked a four the day before and done terribly, I don't deal well with a coxswain in a big pink puffy coat right in front of my face; but that day we went out in a bowloader (the coxswain is in the bow of the boat rather than the stern) and I stroked the boat and it felt amazing! I was pulling hard and I was consistent and I was relaxed and it was just an overall incredible morning!

No comments: