Friday, December 5, 2008

Things I've realized...

A short list of things I've realized since I've been here:

-the words "hella" "tight" and "legit" can be used in any and every sentence, and can be used together in the same sentence (That's hella tight and legit.)
-it's apparently okay to say "like" twenty-seven times in one sentence...
-I have been californianized and am going to die in the South Dakota winter when I go home next week
-being from a farm is unique
-varsity athletes at Stanford sell their life for the school's Nike contract
-in my dorm room, I'm in the minority by being white
-our yellow boat (the Kwak) was flown here from Germany and the shell alone costs around $48K
-having callouses on my hands from working on the farm has kept my hands from totally falling apart rowing like everyone else's
-I don't like math
-it's not a week at Stanford if you don't see naked people running around
-primal scream is really irritating when you've already been asleep for two hours

1 comment:

MrsJayBob said...

This made me chuckle. Can't wait to see you and HUG you! And of course "cuddle".