Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter :(

If I have ever felt anything close to being "homesick" it was today.

Easter has always been a family day for me, and this was my first holiday without any family around.

My team was great today, though. We all met this morning at the gym and split up into our sides to hide eggs for the massive team Easter egg hunt. It was a really fun way to just relax after a long week with people who had gone through the same stressful week as I had.

Laura and I laid in my bed reading Shakespeare (for IHUM) and doing some other miscellaneous homework for most of the afternoon. Then we went to Mass together, another Easter oddity for me.

The two of us grabbed some supper and I got to talk to most of the family on the phone; I was passed from person to person around the house. Now we are at the stacks of homework in my room and will be until we both go to bed.

It was a day spent with friends. I definitely can't complain about that, it just would have been better to be with family as well. Maybe next time?

1 comment:

MrsJayBob said...

We missed you too honey! I'll see if I can save a chocolate bunny for you.....his head might get bit off though!