Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The End is Near

Wow, what a busy past few weeks (and months)!

Last weekend wrapped up my freshman crew season with PCRCs and PAC-10s. The team finished second and received a bid for NCAAs. The 1V won, the 2V got 2nd, and the V4 got 5th, so a very solid performance across the board. The NCAA group leaves this weekend to train and compete and I wish them all the best of luck! I love those girls all as sisters now.

With the end of the crew season comes the end of the quarter, meaning papers and projects galore. I'm working on a research project on Peter Pan for my writing class, as well as an argumentative piece and presentation on siestas for my Spanish class!

Draw results will be posted in a few days, but my group got special pre-assignment (meaning we found out where we will be living weeks ago) and three of my best friends and I will be living in Mirrielees! Mirrielees House is apartment-style housing on campus, so Mik and I will essentially be sharing a two-bedroom apartment with full kitchen and bath next year! Only downside: she can't cook to save her soul! Actually, it's not that bad, but she has more learning ahead of her than I do.

There are officially two weeks of class left of Spring Quarter 2009. After that comes finals week, and I only have one sit-down final on Saturday. Once I'm done with that, it's all packing and cleaning before heading home!

No comments: