Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Airport thoughts...

Right now I’m sitting at my gate in the Denver airport and finally have a little time to think and digest the past few days and the ones to come.

It seems like each of the past few days has held a difficult goodbye: Saturday to Chelsea after spending the evening together at the races; Sunday to Mom, Jay, and Tori after having lived with them all summer; Monday to my high school teachers and coaches, Grandma Rist, and Ali; and this morning to my dad. One would think that I’d be getting better at this with each goodbye, but every one is still heart wrenching. I’ve always been very independent, but it’s hard for me to comprehend right now that I won’t see any of these people again until, most likely, December.

On the packing front, well, I’m done! Or at least I think I am…I have boxes packed up at both my mom’s house and my dad’s house ready to be shipped to me after I arrive, but I still feel like I’m missing something. I also have some shopping to do when I get settled in - and not the fun kind of shopping! A bicycle, refrigerator, and groceries…not quite the most exciting shopping list for my first few days in a new city, but I guess I’ll adjust J

Even through all the complaining and anxiety, I can’t wait to get to campus! Moving in to my dorm room, meeting my roommates, seeing Nathaniel and my other Stanford friends, meeting new people, and starting this adventure are all just a few hours away from me now!

Before I actually get to school, I just want to thank all my friends and family for everything this summer in preparing for this transition. Also, to my new(er) friends, it has been so great getting to know you and hanging out with you this summer and I miss you all so much!

No comments: