Saturday, September 13, 2008

Packing and saying goodbye

It's almost time to leave! I finished work Wednesday night and have spent the past few days attempting to pack and trying to spend time with friends one last time before leaving.

Packing normally comes easily for me; I make a list, pack from it, and that's it. This time it's not quite working out so well...I've been packing since Wednesday and have one bag and three boxes done, and baskets and baskets of "stuff" still sitting around.

Starting NSO and school so late has given me the chance to work a little more and to spend more time with my high school friends. Everyone I graduated with is already in school and I have only seen them a little bit, but I've spent time with friends from West Central pretty much every day. We even went out for a "girls night" Monday night, two football games yesterday, and are going to the races at Huset's tonight.

I can't wait to get to school, but it's really starting to kick in how much I'm going to miss this.

I will miss home, and my family and friends so much, but soon it will start to feel like home and I will make new friends who will become like family to me......but I will always miss the ones back home.

No comments: