Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Roble Love!

I love Stanford! My dorm is called Roble (Oak Tree in Spanish, fitting I know!). I'm in the "C" wing on second floor in a quad with three amazing girls! Roble is the largest, oldest, and BEST dorm on campus with around 300 students, 160 of whom are freshmen.

My roommate is Nina from Hermosa Beach, California, a cute, short, Asian that is SO much fun! The other two suitemates are Nicole from Sweden and Mikayla from upstate New York. Nicole has all the boys chasing her, being the tall, thin, European and all. Mikayla and I are becoming fast friends, bonding over our shared gym-ratness.

Speaking of Mikayla and I being gym rats, we sat down with a couple of the crew coaches today and basically walked on to the team already! We are going to the team NCAA compliance meeting Friday and the physical Sunday and possibly the teambuilding trip Saturday...and none of the other walk ons will know anything til Monday and/or Tuesday! I can't wait! I'm getting so pumped now, and having Mikayla to share in the fun, frustration, excitement, and pain will make everything so much better!

I love it here! I'm so excited to meet with my advisor Friday to plan out my schedule and get going with this year, it's going to be great! I have one class and an already color-coded planner, so I'm well on my way! Our suitemate shopping excursion is going to be Saturday before the football game, so after that we will really be ready to start school!

2 comments:

MrsJayBob said...

Too funny! I can't believe that not only did you choose a college that has a tree for a symbol but you are also in a dorm that means Oak tree! The Mighty Oak rocks!

pzach said...

I may be a bit biased, but I think having a Spanish name for a dorm is going to be lucky for you! :>)
Keep blogging; I'm anxious to hear about your classes.
Sra. Z